Planning Meeting for the Movement
Address: Doc Thomas House, 5530 Sunset Drive, Miami, FL
OPEN TO ALL
Submit Agenda Items by 9am on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 via e-mail: LoveTheEverglades@gmail.com.
If you can't submit your discussion items by the deadline, just bring your concerns to the meeting anyway, and we'll make sure to include it in the General Discussion section.
Some items of interest will include:
- Scheduling next 6 months of Airboat Excursions
- Scheduling next dates for Everglades Prayer Circle in the City events
- Update on Benoit Izard's Everglades Love Project
- Planning for the 7th Annual Everglades Benefit Awareness Concert
- Community Outreach
- Collaboration with Miami Theater Center
- Supporting Seminole Tribe's Opposition to proposed FPL Power Plant
- Protest March with Seminole Tribe on April 17, 2014
- Discuss anti-oppression policies, non-racist organization models, etc.
Everglades Prayer Circle in the City
Time: 7:00 pm to 9:00pm
An interfaith ceremony which will include a designated space for prayers, and a separate space for discussion and socializing. For more information, please contact Rev. Houston Cypress via e-mail: LoveTheEverglades@gmail.com